Ben Helmer writes code.
He also writes about & photographs NYC.
He's building a better mta.info.
- It's a new API.
- There's also a React App.
- Updates (roughly) every 2 minutes.
- Takes raw text, pulls out only what you care about, and gives it better context (The R is delayed in Brooklyn).
- Summerizes the current status of the entire system, including a real-time map.
- React Native (iOS/Android) Apps coming this fall.
- Combination of MTA feeds, plus proprietary data.
Ben knows some languages and stuff.
- Node.js (ES6) / Typescript / ES5
- PHP / Zend / Drupal
- Bots in Slack / Alexa
- React / Sass / Gulp
- Docker / LAMP / Linux
- MySQL / Apache / NGINX
- He has a B.S. in Computer Science
- ...where he learned Java & C++
- Ben does this professionally
He wrote some Tutorials.
Some Projects Ben plays with.
Ben is not one dimensional.